Monday, August 29, 2011

My Dorm Room!


Before.....


After.....


And my closet full of clothes...
It has been a lot of fun to decorate my dorm room with my own style, something that says "Amanda". I made all of the art work pretty much and made the lamp shade. To me, as an art kid and as a student, it is important to have a hand in making what best describes you in a visual display and that is really the only way that you can capture your own sense of style . I think it is also a conversation starter. I can't tell you how many people came in my room the day after I moved in since I had my door open and asked how I did something on wanted to comment on the layout of the room. While I really have yet to meet most of the people on my floor, I think having a space that is my personality makes it easier to identify with and remember a person. I also think it is essential to make sure that the space is "homey" enough so that you don't feel like you are alone in a strange, new place.
In college you have to able to show who you are and love who you are no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment